Summer Music Course Offerings
Fundamentals of Music Theory ONLINE
This course equips the high school through adult aged student with a comprehensive, fundamental knowledge of Music Theory and qualifies as a Pre-AP course. Using a textbook, instructor generated materials, and online resources, this course focuses on written theory/analysis, composition, musical form, conducting, contextual listening and aural skills, along with work in rhythm and sight-singing. Basic Technology skills (including scanning/uploading assignments and videos) are a necessary component of this course.
- Instructor: Suzanne Schmidt
- Offered: Beginning May 8 – August 20. Registration deadline April 24.
- Tuition: $275
- Location: Online!
- Additional Instructions: The required text must be purchased by the student in advance of the first day of class. Purchasing a new textbook containing the registration code for “Total Access” (digital media resources) is preferred. Students obtaining a used textbook are required to purchase the registration code for “Total Access” separately from the publisher.
The Musician’s Guide to Fundamentals
Authors: Jane Piper Clendinning, Elizabeth West Marvin, Joel Phillips
WW Norton and Company
Beginning Class Piano [Registration Deadline: April 26!]
Dr. Debbie Lynn Wolf is offering a piano class at our Langhorne Campus for beginning students. This is a 7 week course, meeting on Wednesday afternoons. In this class students learn music fundamentals, ear-training, and piano technique while sharing the joy of making music and learning in a small group setting.
- For ages 6-12
- Instructor: Dr. Debbie Lynn Wolf
- Session I meets Wednesdays, 4:00-4:45pm May 3-June 14
- Session II meets Wednesdays, 4:45-5:30pm May 3-June 14
- Tuition: $115
- Location: Langhorne Campus
Summer Theatre Course Offerings
Roald Dahl’s Willy Wonka Jr.
Based on the book: Charlie and The Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
Adapted for the stage by: Leslie Bricusse & Thomas Allen McDonald
Words & Music by: Leslie Bricusse & Thomas Allen McDonald
The delicious adventures experienced by Charlie Bucket on his visit to Willy Wonka’s mysterious chocolate factory light up the stage in this captivating adaptation of Roald Dahl’s fantastical tale. Featuring the enchanting songs from the 1971 film starring Gene Wilder in addition to a host of fun new songs, Roald Dahl’s Willy Wonka JR. is a scrumdidilyumptious musical guaranteed to delight everyone’s sweet tooth.
Roald Dahl’s Willy Wonka JR. follows enigmatic candy manufacturer Willy Wonka as he stages a contest by hiding golden tickets in five of his scrumptious candy bars. Whomever comes up with these tickets will win a free tour of the Wonka factory, as well as a lifetime supply of candy. Four of the five winning children are insufferable brats, but the fifth is a likeable young lad named Charlie Bucket, who takes the tour in the company of his equally amiable grandfather. The children must learn to follow Mr. Wonka’s rules in the factory – or suffer the consequences.
Roald Dahl’s Willy Wonka JR. has a flexible cast size with many featured and ensemble roles, including the singing and dancing Oompa Loompas.
- For ages 8 and up
- Auditions: June 5 and June 12 (more information will be sent after registrations are complete)
- Camp I: July 10 – 15
- Camp II: July 17 – 22
- [FULL!] Camp III: July 24 – 29
- Camp Times: Monday – Thursday from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Friday Tech Rehearsal: 12 pm – 9 pm
- Saturday Performances: 2:00 PM and 7:00 PM. Call time TBA by director. Kindly remember that students must plan to remain after the final performance to clean up. Camp Information and Tabora release forms will be handed out during auditions.
- Instructor: Chris Koch
- Prerequisite: All students welcome
- Tuition: $385
- Registration Fee: $30. This charge is required in order to complete your online registration. It will be used to cover the semester registration fee. If you have already paid the full year fee, it will be subtracted from the tuition cost. Likewise, if one family enrolls multiple children, the first fee will cover the semester registration and the subsequent fees will be subtracted from total tuition cost.
- Location: Hilltown Campus