- The Cairn Community Arts Academy performs background checks on all instructors or any volunteers who have contact with children.
- The windows of the classroom doors remain uncovered to allow a clear view of all lessons.
- All private lessons take place within the Hilltown Baptist Church facility or at Cairn University. At Hilltown, rooms have a security camera. This policy makes a secure environment for both our student body and teachers.
If exceptions are made and if lessons are held at an alternate location, for the benefit of the instructor, the student, or both, the student’s parents will be required to sign a waiver acknowledging their approval for instruction to take place at a facility that does not have security cameras or other security measures (such as witnesses).
Registration and Tuition
- Students commit to a full semester of lessons at registration.
- The tuition bill can be paid in full or divided into 4 installments with the first installment and non-refundable registration fee being paid in advance of the start of classes. In order for students to attend the first week of classes, the first installment and registration fee must be paid.
- LATE PAYMENT:
Our office manager will send out email and post mail reminders as needed, to help remind you of your payments. However, if your account becomes three weeks overdue, your account will be charged 10% or a $15 late fee (whichever is less) based on your installment amount. If an account becomes 2 Installments behind, the student will not be able to attend additional classes until a payment is made and may be subject to being withdrawn from the class.
- Tuition is non-refundable unless the class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.
- Class and Lesson Registrations: A $30 non-refundable charge will be taken at the time of registration for each student that is enrolling in a class. This charge will be used to first cover your registration fee and then tuition. This charge is non-refundable. In other words, if you decide to drop a course or one of your children withdraws from a class; this money cannot be applied towards another class or student. Please do not register for a class until you are certain that you will be taking it.
- Full Year Registration: You may also pay a $50 registration fee to cover the entire year (fall, spring and summer semester). In doing so, all private lessons students will automatically be re-registered each semester. If you plan to pay the full year registration, please indicate this on your registration form.
- The office may accept a mid-semester cancellation due to extreme personal circumstances. A cancellation fee equal to two weeks of tuition will be charged.
- Tuition may be paid in full at registration or in equal installments as set by the office on confirmation of registration.
- Discounts will apply for families enrolled in multiple classes in the same semester.
- Two classes—5%
- Three or more classes—10%
- Students who enroll mid-semester pay the registration fee plus pro-rated tuition for the remaining weeks of the semester and follow the remaining installment payment schedule.
- Please make checks payable to Cairn University (with a memo:”c/o CCAA”). For tracking purposes, please do not pay in cash. For your convenience, you can deliver payment to the music office at the Langhorne campus or mailed to:
CCAA Cairn University
200 Manor Avenue
Langhorne, PA 19047
You may also pay online at www.cairnartsacademy.org/payments
In order for returning students to receive the same timeslot as given in the previous semester, the student must be enrolled in the new semester within 14 days of the first day of enrollment. After this date, students will receive timeslots on a first come first served basis. This policy applies to Fall and Spring semesters only. Fall schedules are based on timeslots during the previous Spring Semester and Spring schedules are based on timeslots during the previous Fall Semester.
Billing and Attendance
- Private Tuition: In the fall and spring semesters, students will be billed for 16 lessons, which will be scheduled from weeks 1 to 16 of the respective semester. Week 17 and 18 are reserved for make-ups in the case of teacher and weather-related absences. Students will receive their private lesson during their regularly scheduled time. Teachers are not obligated to make up a missed make-up lesson. Student attendance is of utmost importance in order for artistic progress. Absences that are excusable are absences for deaths in the family or illness. All other absences due to school sports, activities,and vacation are considered not excused lessons. Up to two excusable absence per semester will be made up by the student’s own instructor in a group make-up lesson class. These two class date will be announced at the beginning of each semester. Students who are tardy to a lesson will only receive a lesson in the amount of time that is still given in a students’ timeslot. In other words, if a student has a 45 minute lesson, but comes 15 minutes late, he/she will only receive a 30 minute lesson. The teacher is not obligated to make up this time. Lessons will be made up within the semester dates. In the event that a student cannot make up a lesson within the semester dates, the teacher is not obligated to make up said lesson.
- Class Instruction: Classes will be billed according to the number of weeks prescribed in the catalog of classes, to be scheduled beginning week 1 of the respective semester unless otherwise advised. No make-up lesson will be offered for student absences from classes.
- CCAA will offer make-up lessons for any lessons or classes cancelled due to teacher absence or inclement weather. Students will not be credited for lessons they choose not to make-up. CCAA follows weather closings for Pennridge School District for lessons and classes held at the Hilltown Baptist location, and Cairn University’s closings for lessons and classes held on the Cairn campus.
- The success of theatre and ensemble classes depends on the attendance and participation of the students. Where students are repeatedly absent from such classes to the detriment of the group, the faculty member may choose to remove the student from the class and cancel his/her registration. In such circumstances, CCAA will not be obliged to refund the student’s tuition. Specific class dates may be mandatory (e.g. dress rehearsals); these dates will be communicated to students in advance.
- Contacting your Teacher: Your teachers contact information is located on your Confirmation of Registration form that is emailed to you after you have been registered. Please contact your teacher directly if you are to miss a lesson. Messages left on the office answering machine may not be forwarded to your teacher in time for your lesson, so please keep your teacher’s contact information available to you in your phone or address book.
- The parent will agree to indemnify and hold Cairn University and Hilltown Baptist, d/b/a Cairn Community Arts Academy, harmless from any liability incurred by CCAA, its Directors, Administrators, Board Members, Elders, Deacons, Pastors, Staff, Employees, Agents, Volunteers and Members: (1) As a result of injuries to his/her child; or (2) Due to acts of his/her child; occurring in any CCAA related activity, lesson or program.
- Unless specifically expressed otherwise, the parent gives permission for any photos of lessons, classes, drama productions or images of artistic works produced in classes to be used in Academy promotional materials. Parents who desire that such photos not be used shall provide written notification of their desire to the CCAA shall provide written notification of their desire to their respective campuses.
Supplies, Homework, and Practice
- Students are expected to bring the necessary supplies, scripts and/or assigned music to class.
- Students are expected to follow through at home with any assignments given by the instructor.